Monday, December 28, 2009

What is good shampoo/conditioner for thick somewhat dry hair?

I have pretty thick wavy hair and it tends to get kinda frizzy and dry and I've been trying to find something to make it a little softer and smoother. I've used all kinds of shampoo and conditioner and -nothing- has worked! It still gets dry and I can't get it to smooth out and take some of the body out of it. I need suggestions for a really good quality shampoo, not L'Oreal or Pantene, something professional. I'm willing to pay alot at this point.What is good shampoo/conditioner for thick somewhat dry hair?
tresemieWhat is good shampoo/conditioner for thick somewhat dry hair?
I usually switch it up from drugstore to salon brands. For drugstore brands, I really do like Herbal Essences, especially their Long Term Relationship stuff. Also, TRESemme is okay; not the best, not the worst. I prefer professional brands. I love Thermafuse, which is 19 dollars each, but it works amazingly. I use the Moisture one. Also, Joico, Iso, Biolage, Frederik Fekkai is good. You just need to shop around and see what you like best.
Tigi Bed Head's Moisture Maniac line not only smells amazing, but it's one of the few shampoo-and-conditioner pairs that will tame my crazy hair. I'd definitely recommend it.





Oh, and don't throw away the shampoos and conditioners that you don't like! I was thinking that you might want to check out Clean The World ( http://www.cleantheworld.org ) and perhaps send your used shampoos and conditioners to them via Central Care Mission. I'm a big fan of good hair products, but any that don't suit my fancy, or the tail ends of the shampoos and conditioners, get sent to them to help prevent disease and death in Third World countries.





Central Care Mission


4027 Lennox Blvd.


Orlando, FL 32811





Thanks, and have a great day!
My hair is the same!!!





Redken Real Control will work great on your hair!!!





http://www.redken.com/products/haircare/…





If your willing to pay more then try Pureolgy Super Straight they both will work though...





http://www.pureology.com/systems/superst…
Phyto Specific its specially made for curly, frizzy, thick or relaxed hair.


My brother works in a studio that sells this.
Matrix Sleek Look.





It might be expensive, but it really is the best.
Redken Smooth Down shampoo. I have thick %26amp; kind of frizzy hair too; my hairstylish recommended it to me, and it works wonderful!
definitely pantene, it's the best for revitalizing your hair.
herbal essences hello hydration(the blue kind). and bed head is a really good brand from salons ;)
i have same problem and ive always used pantene or dove
You should try a Jojoba rosemary mint shampoo, henna hut carries one that is all natural and just smells wonderful. I also have thick kind of curly that as soon as it drys became a total frizzy mess. I started using Henna Hut's shampoo line and just love it. My hair is much easier to manage and softer. People actually want to touch my hair instead of asking me why i just don't cut it off.





You should pair it with the henna hair conditioner and you will just be absolutely amazed at the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment