Monday, December 28, 2009

How do i stop my hair from further THINNING? Shampoo?

Im only 20, my hair isnt really thin...but i see it getting thinner. So i wanna try to either slow down or stop the process. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.How do i stop my hair from further THINNING? Shampoo?
A lot of this depends on what is causing your hair loss...





I am female and have lost all of my hair twice and patches of it numerous times. I had/have (in remission) Alopecia Areata which literally translates to ';hair loss in areas.'; After my second ';round'; of loss, I figured that it was triggered by stress (for others (males %26amp; females) it was anything from food allergies to pregnancy to who knows). Now this may not be applicable to you but some of the following might help:





I went to a dermatologist and was given cortisone kenalog injections/shots in the areas where I had lost hair. While it didn't prevent loss, it did speed up the re-growth process (3 to 4 months).





I noticed my hair loss was less in the summer and my dermatologist explained that this was due to UV rays promoting hair growth and health. I would go tanning every so often (with sunscreen to protect my skin) and this did help. Although very expensive, you can buy your own lamp so it only gets your scalp.





I read that Beta Carotene supplements promoted hair (%26amp; nail) growth. I took those and it seemed to help too.





I also used Rogaine which irritated my skin - so I couldn't tell you honestly if it worked. There were a lot of other products like Propecia, I couldn't try because they were made for males and could possibly lead to future problems with reproduction.





The bottom line is START your treatment NOW. I would go see a dermatologist and a general practitioner. Good luck. I know it's not fun.How do i stop my hair from further THINNING? Shampoo?
First of all, popular to common belief shampoo is actually irritating to skin and hair and may be the reason your hair is thinning other than genetics.





Wash your hair with baking soda and conditioner instead. I think its 1 tablespoon of baking soda with a glass of warm water and use that as a shampoo. Then use conditioner.
start rogaine now and it will stop the thinning and possibly grow more hair.
DONT use conditioner this happened to my sister and now it works for her

No comments:

Post a Comment