Thursday, December 24, 2009

If I am about to use henna in my hair, should I shampoo AND condition it before?

Some sites say you should only condition your hair or only shampoo it before you put henna in it. I'm wondering which is true, or which would make the henna work betterIf I am about to use henna in my hair, should I shampoo AND condition it before?
No actually you do not have to shampoo and condition your hair beforehand but your hair should be clean and not have any oily build up. If your hair texture is more on the drier side then you should add conditioner or hair oil to your henna mixture/recipe for sure as to not dry your hair out as herbal treatments can be drying at times on different hair textures.





It is known that henna is actually easier to apply onto DAMP hair (like towel dried). It is so much easier adn much less messy! So try that.





The above tips should make your henna application much easier. Make sure you use body art quality henna powder as it is the purest henna out there with no additives nor metallic salts. Hope this helps! I've been natural hair care for at least 10 yrs.If I am about to use henna in my hair, should I shampoo AND condition it before?
you're welcome and thanks too! Report Abuse

don't use henna at all! its very damaging!
I agree. Once you use henna on your hair you may not be able to change the color with regular hair dye. Some hennas are metallic dyes, when you mix them with dye, you could burn off your hair. Something to think about.
Henna is a safe and natural dye. The only time you will have problems is when you use an impure henna product.


You want to start putting the henna on your hair when it is fairly clean, but dry.


YOu smush it in and let it sit for several hours and then wash out.http://www.hennacaravan.com/forums/viewt鈥?/a>


here is some information on henna in hair for you.


Email me if you have more questions.
  • cash advance loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment