Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is a good shampoo for long hair?

I have long dark brown thick hair half way down my back and I used to have a perm so half of my hair is curly. I have been getting really bad split ends even after I have just gotten my hair cut so I'm wondering if its time for me to switch shampoos and find something that will strengthen my hair and get rid of my split ends. What kind of shampoo would people recommend for my kind of hair?What is a good shampoo for long hair?
being around hair stylists most of my life ive learned that you DO need to change your shampoo %26amp; conditioner every so often, your hair gets used to the product and sometimes your hair will stop reacting to it...heres what i suggest





for something CHEAP


1. Herbal Essenses Long Distance Relationship(red bottle)--this shampoo was created for people with long hair, it works really good, and for me atleast--it definitly has extra moisturizes in it.





2. Garnier Frutis sleek and shine(lime green bottle), this shampoo really packs alot of moisture..if your hair is dry or your having split ends this will help.





More EXPENSIVE





1. Redken--the ';soft'; line is awesome, all of there moisturizing products are great. they also have a hair mask that you do once a week, it totally fixes split ends and fryed hair. redken has fab products...





2. Biologe--leaves your hair feeling clean all the time, non greasy but it never lets your hair dry outWhat is a good shampoo for long hair?
You can't get rid of split ends without cutting them off, and shampoos don't strengthen your hair - the ones with sulfates (like every commercial shampoo) just strip your hair of its natural oils and make it dry and tangly.





Try using a sulfate free shampoo or shampoo bar, and a good, rich conditioner. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose is really good, but not always easy to find (Whole Foods, some health food stores). My favorite that be found almost anywhere is L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for long curly hair (formula with no amodimethicone). ';Dust'; your split ends when you find them - snip the single hair 1/2 an inch above the end of the split using a sharp pair of haircutting scissors - don't use a nail clipper or anything else, or it will grind the end up, making it split much worse later on.





Also, don't forget to do a deep treatment a couple of times a month to keep your hair moisturized and strong.
bed head would work perfectly for long nice soft thick hair!


get the orange/mango-ish scented shampoo.its called ';Self Absorbed';


its really good...not exactly sure for the split end part though.





heres some more that will work if you don't like bed head,but im sure 100% guarantee that it will work if your aiming torward that target,but anyways theres Tresemme,lor'eal,and herbal essences





hope this works!
Herbal Esences 'long time realation-ship' ( red bottle raspberry smell)

No comments:

Post a Comment